Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Receiving ABS,Airmatic and EBS warnings after reconnecting battery...

after attempting to fix close-assist issue with passenger door.

Good news is....the pump is now active, and close-assist is working.

Bad news is....I have these three new warnings after reconnecting battery.

What gives? Do I need to do a FSS reset to clear? However, i don't want to reset my Service A timer of ~8500 miles, which is correct.

·
Registered
2002 S430
29 Posts
You need to initiate your steering wheel. Start the car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right, and again all the way to the left. That should clear the malfunctions you have.

·
Premium Member
2002 S500, 1999 C230 Kompressor, 1997 C230
443 Posts
You need to initiate your steering wheel. Start the car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right, and again all the way to the left. That should clear the malfunctions you have.
………and you also will need to synchronize the windows and the moon roof. No joke! When I found this out I thought someone was kidding me. I never realized that changing my battery would require all of this relearning for the car.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Receiving ABS,Airmatic and EBS warnings after reconnecting battery...

after attempting to fix close-assist issue with passenger door.

Good news is....the pump is now active, and close-assist is working.

Bad news is....I have these three new warnings after reconnecting battery.

What gives? Do I need to do a FSS reset to clear? However, i don't want to reset my Service A timer of ~8500 miles, which is correct.
How did you fix the close-assist issue with the passenger door?

·
Registered
2001 S500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx guys, that fixed it...turning the steering column left, then right(or reverse order)...I also ran through the window cycle and moon roof cycle(that was interesting).

Anyhow, I won't be doing this again....unless I have to. Don't wanna risk something really going haywire next time. I read on other posts that I could reset the pump for the close-assist by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. And, yes...that worked...at the expense of desynchronization. I should have taken another user's advice and disconected the 20 amp yellow fuse from beneath the rear passenger seat.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
The fuse would have been a better choice but at least you have learned something:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Thx guys, that fixed it...turning the steering column left, then right(or reverse order)...I also ran through the window cycle and moon roof cycle(that was interesting).

Anyhow, I won't be doing this again....unless I have to. Don't wanna risk something really going haywire next time. I read on other posts that I could reset the pump for the close-assist by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. And, yes...that worked...at the expense of desynchronization. I should have taken another user's advice and disconected the 20 amp yellow fuse from beneath the rear passenger seat.
Was it just the one door that was not working properly for assist and did the disconnecting of power correct the problem?

·
Registered
2001 S500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was it just the one door that was not working properly for assist and did the disconnecting of power correct the problem?
Yes, during the Thanksgiving holiday the front-passenger close-assist went out.

Yes, this fixed the problem...or temporarily fixed it. I've read on this forum and others that the pump is smart enough to shut it self down...before burning itself out. I expect it to go out again soon...but, hopefully it won't. We shall see.

·
52,804 Posts
Yes, during the Thanksgiving holiday the front-passenger close-assist went out.

Yes, this fixed the problem...or temporarily fixed it. I've read on this forum and others that the pump is smart enough to shut it self down...before burning itself out. I expect it to go out again soon...but, hopefully it won't. We shall see.
When the door pulls in it should pull back out slightly, how long does it take before this "pull back" happens. I ask because if the "pull back" time is too long then their is most probably an air leak on this door. If you close the door and put your hand on the rear of the door you will feel it release (pull back).

·
Registered
2001 S500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When the door pulls in it should pull back out slightly, how long does it take before this "pull back" happens. I ask because if the "pull back" time is too long then their is most probably an air leak on this door. If you close the door and put your hand on the rear of the door you will feel it release (pull back).
I would say that this 'pull back' delay is about 1-2 seconds. Noticeably longer than the other doors.

·
52,804 Posts
The duration should be the same on all four doors and the boot lid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts