Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
W201
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a set of Bilstein HD shocks/struts for my W201. With a set of Vogtland springs.

I received (2) front F4-V36-0361-H0, wich is for W124 I think? Will it fit right on my W201?

Rear, I got (2) Comfort, instead of HD.. :crybaby2: Is it okay or not?

I contacted the eBay seller but no response yet.

Thank you. :(

·
Registered
84 190e 2.3 soon to be LS1 powered
95 Posts
Hello,

I bought a set of Bilstein HD shocks/struts for my W201. With a set of Vogtland springs.

I received (2) front F4-V36-0361-H0, wich is for W124 I think? Will it fit right on my W201?

Rear, I got (2) Comfort, instead of HD.. :crybaby2: Is it okay or not?

I contacted the eBay seller but no response yet.

Thank you. :(

Go to Bilsteins website, they have an online application catalog on there. I would make sure you get what you paid for, don't let the seller sell you what they have, make sure it is going to be correct. In the EPC they are totally different numbers, and as I recall teh 124 are no where near the dame dimention wise. but that is just my old and crappy memory.

·
190E, SLK350
66,979 Posts
Do not buy critical parts on eBay!
I wasted my money when I got the strut towers, they didn't fit yet the seller insisted that they were the correct application and that he does this on a daily basis so I must not know what I was talking about...

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
I'm not sure I'd classify shocks as a critical part.

That said I tend to use ebay only for less expensive things and to assume that whatever the issue, I will not be able to return them. Thus I don't buy much stuff there and am almost always satisfied when I do. Sellers love to sell, but most of them are not much on customer service unless they are also a brick outfit that just has an ebay presence. The guy who keeps his stock in his garage (or in a kitchen cabinet) doesn't really care what you think, he's just moving on to the next buyer.

Last, I'd not mix HD and comfort shocks on the same vehicle. Probably nothing really wrong with it but the ride will feel off and in an panic handling situation I suppose it could introduce an instability that might conceivably lead to a loss of control.

Good luck, man.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts