Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Recaro seats in Evo 1?? Attn: EvoII Racer

1657 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  EvoII_Racer
Can anyone give me the details of installing Recaros in a Evo 1? EvoII Racer, Can you help??

A freind of mine just crashed his Evo 5(Mitsu.), and he'll give me a good price on the seats...
Will these seats work?
Is there a kit that you can buy for installation?
Will pretty much any Recaro seat work?

Thanks in advance for any help or input you can give me!

Peter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
Recaro was the seat and upholstery purveyor to Mercedes when the W201's were built. Eve...

Recaro was the seat and upholstery purveyor to Mercedes when the W201's were built. Even the OEM MB-Tex covered seats were built by Recaro (flip a seat over and you'll see the tags). Recaro does have mounting kits for the W201 for their aftermarket seats, so check with a Recaro dealer, or their website. If all else fails, mounting rails can be fabricated by a compentant welder.

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
Today, I wanted to install my Recaro SPG in mz EVOII... Well, it doesnt work and it wont u...

Today, I wanted to install my Recaro SPG in my EVOII... Well, it doesnt work and it wont unless I buy another piece [:(!] (They were previousely in an SLK 230k)

However, it shouldnt be too expensive, I will tell you how much I paid for it... Any Recaro seats should fit in an EVOI, specially the one which were in a Mitsubishi EVO5 [:)]

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
Hello Peter!!

I have finally installed the Recaro SPG in my EVOII... I posted a picture...

Hello Peter!!

I have finally installed the Recaro SPG in my EVOII... I posted a picture of the result.

The actual kit I had to buy to make the seat fit costed me 300 Swiss Francs (~220 USD) Much more expensive that what I want to pay, but I didnt have any other choices.

Hope this help,

Henry

· Registered
12 Posts
Hello evo11 racer,

i am planning to install a couple of racing seats in my evo1, becouse the original seats are to wide.
I can see on the picture that the seat is still able to move to the front/rear. I would like to now when i replace my seats, will i have also a lower seatposition as with the original seat or doesn't it change?

greetings,

Jack

p.s. howmuch does a recaro spg costs in Zwitserland, becouse in Holland they charge Euro 1390,- for 1 seat, without fitting adapter!

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
taxidriver - 1/16/2004 5:19 PM

Hello evo11 racer,

i am planning to install a couple of racing seats in my evo1, becouse the original seats are to wide.
I can see on the picture that the seat is still able to move to the front/rear. I would like to now when i replace my seats, will i have also a lower seatposition as with the original seat or doesn't it change?

greetings,

Jack

p.s. howmuch does a recaro spg costs in Zwitserland, becouse in Holland they charge Euro 1390,- for 1 seat, without fitting adapter!
Yea, thats the problem of Recaro seats in general, they are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE !!! However, you can check on German ebay, they often have amazing deals on Recaro seats [:)]

Unfortunately, you wont be able, to move your seat backwards much after its install. At least the SPG one. The Recaro A8 is not a problem. I dont know how its called but its because of the C pillar. If you want to be able to move your seat backwards, you need to take of the part around the seat belt. Then you will be able to move your seat backwards. (Like AMG did in the racecar)

However, you have to be really tall. Otherwise, it wont cause a problem. And yes, you will be seating a little lower after that which is a good thing [:)]

· Registered
12 Posts
Hello Henry,

many thanks for the usefull information becouse i don't want to breake down the interieur, to be able to move the seat back. An i would probably have to, becouse i'm quiet tall (+/- 1.95 m1).
So i have to search for a seat wich is less broad as the SPG! The demension of the normal SPG is 590 mm.
Can you tell me the size of the Recaro A8 and howmuch room you have between the c pillarand that seat? So i can search for a seat that fits (on e-bay :) ).

Quote:

i agree!

greetings,

Jack

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
Can you tell me the size of the Recaro A8 and howmuch room you have between the c pillarand that seat? So i can search for a seat that fits (on e-bay :) ).

Hello Jack !

I have to admit that there is not that much space between the c pillar and the Recaro A8 seat.. Probably only a few mm. However, its enough to move the seat backwards [:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.