Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that w210 can option the recaro seats, but i never seem it in Real or website.

Does anyone have seem it or real option the seats?

Thanks for reply

·
Registered
1998 E60 AMG
4 Posts
Hi there, it so happen's my 1998 E60 from Japan has the Recaro seat option. They are built for the W210 chassis (says right on the base) by Recaro. They have corded remotes with recline foward and back and a heat button as well as a fan button to turn on a large computer style fan under the seat. The seat base forward and back is still door controlled. The wires (tan and red) run back each side to the battery and have relays and I think some type of resistor or heat sink not sure. The seats are a heavy vinyl I think not leather. They are very supportive and prob much lighter. I like them but won't fit larger body types as well. They also have the two seat harness holes in the neck area to upgrade the restraints with. Very cool option that I thought I read only 40 or so got the option only.??? The rear seat is still the suede original btw.

·
Registered
1998 E60 AMG
4 Posts
It seems they actually are leather once I took to spending time to getting them cleaned up. I also found out the lower seat bottom also is adjustable manually to extend forward for longer legged individuals. Hope the pics came through I don't have any great ones just these but it shows you the general look of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Sedan
1,110 Posts
That's pretty cool. Never those seats in a W210 before. You have some pretty rare options too. Heated back seats, wood and leather steering wheel, recaro seats. Is the wood on the door panels all factory? I've never seen wood trim on the bottom of the armrest area on the doors.

·
Registered
1998 E60 AMG
4 Posts
The option list for this car IS huge. These all started out as AMG E50's then a with a hefty price increase got turned into the Limited Edition E60 AMG which is ultra rare. Only 5 more years until you guys in the states can have one like this. I don't think much was factory added as this was probably a E420 to start with then all hand built, added onto by AMG at their factory after getting the car from MB. Very few have the complete wood trim with black walnut. Even the sun roof handle is wood! It's everywhere, but unfortunately the center consul is surface cracked pretty bad.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,719 Posts
That's pretty cool. Never those seats in a W210 before. You have some pretty rare options too. Heated back seats, wood and leather steering wheel, recaro seats. Is the wood on the door panels all factory? I've never seen wood trim on the bottom of the armrest area on the doors.
Very cool. I love these seats with the extended leg support (although Ive seen them in my colleagues beamer extended always full of his fast food debris, wrappers n crap...)> I have the black walnut wood and also on the door panels except for the wood trim along the length of the front door armrests. Everything else looks identical.

The E50 is a real high revver vs the E55s.
Only thing missing on the E50 I wish was included is the remote trunk opener (on the centre console and remote fob).

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,719 Posts
If appropriate, I thought I would add this to this post. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there, it so happen's my 1998 E60 from Japan has the Recaro seat option. They are built for the W210 chassis (says right on the base) by Recaro. They have corded remotes with recline foward and back and a heat button as well as a fan button to turn on a large computer style fan under the seat. The seat base forward and back is still door controlled. The wires (tan and red) run back each side to the battery and have relays and I think some type of resistor or heat sink not sure. The seats are a heavy vinyl I think not leather. They are very supportive and prob much lighter. I like them but won't fit larger body types as well. They also have the two seat harness holes in the neck area to upgrade the restraints with. Very cool option that I thought I read only 40 or so got the option only.??? The rear seat is still the suede original btw.
Hi
Thanks for your sharing, if available, may i know your car's vin?
I just want to know the part number about the rear seat heated, or you can tell me the part number.
I am appreciate, thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts