Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of tan vinyl Wrecaros. The seats are all manual and are pretty heavy, 30-40lbs. The guy I bought them from got them from a 300td, I don't think I'll be able to use the seat bracket from. The passanger side is in pretty good shape but the drivers side is rather perished.

Can anyone give me any information as to the model of recaros these seats are? I looked at replacement parts and they aren't cheap. Luckily the only missing part is the backrest lock handle, but the drivers side needs lots of work. The seats have adjustable bolsters on either side which have knobs on them. I think I saw something that said Keiper if that help.

Thanks for any help of information I appreciate it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,242 Posts
Manual Ideal C's with recovered center cushions (between bolsters). I'll happily relieve you of the adapters.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sweet, thanks for the info 48Hp.

I'll have to see if the adapters work first. I really don't think they will though. I'm planning on trying to get these in the car soon in a few weeks, they are just too cool to sit in my garage.

Thanks again 48hp, I'll keep you posted.

Here is a link the guy I bought the seats from gave me for replacement parts, mostly foam stuff.

http://www.rmamotorsport.com/CUSTOM_UPHOLSTERY.php

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the info 48Hp.

I'll have to see if the adapters work first. I really don't think they will though. I'm planning on trying to get these in the car soon in a few weeks, they are just too cool to sit in my garage.

Thanks again 48hp, I'll keep you posted.

Here is a link the guy I bought the seats from gave me for replacement parts, mostly foam stuff.

CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY
yep, familiar with RMA.

Once you pull the 107 seat, you'll quickly realize that the 123 adapter is very different and will not fit your application.

If you do a quick search, rjmburgess was selling a set of 107 adapters. Otherwise you can do as I did and fab them up. What I like about the fab'd adapters is they retain the manual OE height adj option.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
and picts before and after. his are also manual Ideal c

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the information. I'll keep my eye out for a set of adapters, but I had planned on making my own as you did. It is time to fire the MIG up. I like the idea of getting the seat bottom and welding tabs to mount the wrecaro's on, I guess I get to make another trip to the yard.

The w123 adapters that came with the seats have another lever on the side to adjust the height or something, I didn't really play around too much with the seats. I did hit them with the vinyl cleaner though. The drivers side really is a mess and needs to be recovered but the price for a cover is a lot of money. I'm thinking of faking it until I have the money to properly fix the drivers side.

The seats seem rather comfortable, but will require work. I'm going to look into getting the drivers side reupholsted with some new foam, if it is too much I might sell them and just save my money for a set of beige leather electric models. The tan vinyl looks alright but beige would be seemless with the parchment velour in my car. The velour ones in the back of the w126 picture are the ones I'd love to have.

Thanks for all the info 48hp and I'll keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
u r velkome. :)

·
Registered
64 220SE coupe, 69 280SE coupe, 76 350SLC 4-sp, 79 450SLC euro, 83 500SL, 92 500E
30 Posts
Hi Daryn,

I live in SSF and am in the same boat as you are with the seats. I currently have Recaro Ideal C (electrics) which i will install in my r107. i bought the adapters from wedge , but do need to modify them some more. if you 'd like, you can drop by and see the adapters before you take the plunge and decide which route to go. PM me offline if you decide to swing by...

Thanks,

JB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts