Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
E 550 4 matic 2010
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a notice about a power steering hose connector needing to be checked. Don t have time to take it in now. Anyone know the details on this one? This doesn t appear to be the same as the last one for the E coupes and c class..

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,512 Posts
Power steering may fail due to loss of fluid, if you want a copy of the recall bulletin PM your email address.

·
Registered
2010 E350
9 Posts
I got the notice. I brought the car in. They checked it over and determined there was no problem. I went on my merry way. I don't think it is anything to get too stressed about.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
Does anyone know what months/build dates this recall affects? Or is it all current W212's?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If I'm not mistaken...I'm sure somewhere I read that it's build dates of Februrary and before. I have a Feb build date and required the fix.

·
Registered
E350 4M P2 MY2010
42 Posts
Done last Monday. Took an hour since they also rotated the wheels and then washed the car. The recall, although I had the letter, with my VIN did not apply to my vehicle (MY 10 W212 Luxury Build 0210). No charges for any of the work including rotating the wheels. Spent the hour drinking Hot Chocolate, reading current Star Magazine and looking over the $468K Maybach Zeppelin they had in the showroom (it was sold).

·
Registered
2010 E350 Luxury, P1 Package
124 Posts
Got mine done when had "A" service done. Got letter two weeks after the fact. I had already called dealership and they checked my VIN. Per work order, they actually replaced a part, I think.
When in doubt, have dealership run your VIN. Some knowledegable posters here, but safety is critical, especially when the fix is at no cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had mine done on Saturday. It took 30 min. including the wash and the service tech said there was no leakage. In fact, he indicated that they have not seen leakage on any affected cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts