Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
02 SLK32 AMG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the board got this done on their SLK32?
Is Everything working fine and would like to know if anyone noticed that the engine is running rough?

thanks.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts

·
Registered
2002 - SLK 32
40 Posts
tintin1991 said:
Anyone on the board got this done on their SLK32?
Is Everything working fine and would like to know if anyone noticed that the engine is running rough?

thanks.
I noticed the same thing on mine when I got it back. Not exactly running rough, but almost like it is idling about 100-200 RPM too slow. Every now and then the car would tremble a little. Nobody has mentioned it in the other thread, so I am glad to see I may not be imagining things.

I was going to run it a little more to see if it goes a way.

G

·
Mine seems to run a hair rougher as well, but seems very fast. I don't know if that's the reprograming, but seems much more responsive....and yes a little more rumble at idle. Sounds good though. ;-)

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
irvingst said:
Mine seems to run a hair rougher as well, but seems very fast. I don't know if that's the reprograming, but seems much more responsive....and yes a little more rumble at idle. Sounds good though. ;-)
I got mine back yesterday. They did a nice job, it seems more responsive.
But ya, the idle is a little freaky-deaky with an occasional tremor.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I noticed the same thing.

It was like night and day between the C230 loaner and getting the SLK32 back. The C230 you had to almost floor the car to get any acceleration. The SLK32 you just barely hit the gas and you were off.

The car at times does seem a bit rougher at idle and a bit louder.

G

·
We all seem to have drawn the same conclusion. What does the secondary oxygen relay actually do?

Mine is definately a big louder and more rumble at idle. Sounds more like a performance car than before.

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
OK guys.....here my issue with this re-programming of the ECU.

IF and thats a big IF I get this done and they re-program my ECU I will lose everything that Kleemann has done to the ECU correct???

Is this issue big enough that I should get it done anyway??

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
tungster said:

IF and thats a big IF I get this done and they re-program my ECU I will lose everything that Kleemann has done to the ECU correct???

Tungster, that might be a good question to ask Kleemann directly, we are not sure what it's doing to "stock" cars yet, your's is in a whole other class. :eek:

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
tungster said:

Yes, when they reflash your ECU you will lose the Kleeman program. OTOH Kleeman if you send your ECU to Kleeman they will take they new MB code and use it as the basis for applying their performance software. Kleeman will update your ECU for free.

My concern with not having the Recall performed would be in failing emissions at some point. I am not sure if there are any other issues that may result.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
I've gotta tell ya, the new idle MB gave me can be really rough at times. Yes, the car seems to rocket a wee bit better, but sitting at a stop light the car can idle itself right into a weird kinda / embarrasing shake.

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
48 Posts
When I first start the car, for a few seconds, the idle is somewhat erratic. Other than that, seems OK.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Relay Recall

I just purchased a used 2002 SLK32 AMG that i was extremely happy with the performance, I brought it to the dealer to get an estimate on replacing a grill and he informed me that there was an "open campaign" to replace the secondary air injection pump relay. I told him that i was not there for that, but he sayd it needed to be done. I agreed as long as this did not change the performance or programming of the vehicle in any way. He sayd it wouldent. It sayd nothing about reprogramming on my initial estimate, only replacing the pump relay.

Unfortunately I noticed a change right away, it ran rougher and seemed to loose horsepower...the dealer had me bring it back the next day and sayd that the tech. did not fully program it correctly and he had his head tech do it.

Now it still idles rough, the performance is improved but not back the same, seems that the horsepower curve is different and now it seems to shift at different times than before...this just isnt the same car.
what happened and any suggestions on what to do next?

G

·
I was one of the first to have the service campaign performed and I must say that I'm still not happy with the rough start and rough idle. Performance is fine its just not the same car at a light.

I kinda laugh at it though...before it was smooth as silk when idling, but now it is rough and rocks the car a bit. I guess the "beast" wants out. ;-)

I've been in conversation with the dealer about it since it was performed and they have escalated it within MB, but they have yet to respond. They will check it when I come in for the new tail lights.

Sorry Bazzle, time and driving doesn't seem to heal it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm just wondering if any others that have had the recall done have noticed a change in performance...I have driven the car for 200mi. and it still idles rougher and seems not to have the same power as before. I told that to the dealer and they sayd that they will research it further and let me know. Does anybody know how the new programming is different from the original, and was it done by AMG or mercedes or any other info on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, It's some time ago but I'm still having this shaky idle after the recall. Does anyone know about a response from MB in this matter or is there a solution?

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts