Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after about a year my 416 is alive and very well.
I recall when I got it looking thru the manuals and saying to myself ''holy crap'' regarding some of the contents. Defiantly some sections that looked way to technical and way over my head. The carburettor and injection system was one of them
Now, I have spent the last few days trying to figure out the timing on my engine without any reference marks...Some may say just line up the notches.... easy for you with the marks and notches...Anyways another chapter in the manual that I know backwards and forwards
So far I have removed the engine and rebuilt up from a shortblock/ painted all frame and cab/soundproofed cab/ lifted cab 2"/ rewired all to blade fuses in cab/had IP off 9 times/ 8 valve adjustments/ done a head gasket without lifting cab (bad idea). Thats about the list. Anyone out there that thinks its too difficult to do the work yourselves, think again. I'm a carpenter by trade and my mechanical skills were OK but I never thought that one day I would be elbows deep in an engine.
Sorry I digress------ After finally getting the IP drip test finished and going over the valves one more time, the difference in the cab is like night and day. I'm sure its the combination of soundproofing /rebuilt IP/rebuilt injectors but for any of you out there that have to scream in the cab, its possible to actually have a conversaton without yelling.
My rainy Saturday blather
G Vavra

·
Registered
335 Posts
Any chance you can get a dB level?
If you or a friend has an iPhone there is an app for it
.....nice work...
I know mine runs about 88-92 dB in the cab at 60 mph

1 - 3 of 3 Posts