Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pump is leaking and searching for a new pump are resulting in costly re-manufactured pumps. Has anyone been able to rebuild their own pumps? Do rebuild kits exist (seals...) ? thanks

·
Registered
2000 ML320
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than likely it is the faulty O-ring on your reservoir that is causing the leak.
I did just that; replaced the o-ring but it's still leaking. I am not seeing it leak from where the o-ring sits between the reservoir and pump. The hose connecting to the reservoir to the radiator was replaced too and it's dry. The reservoir is not leaking either. But what I am seeing is a small leak that is coming behind the pump pully. For good meassure I checked if anything above was leaking (valve covers) and thankfully nothing is. It seems it only leaks when the engine is running. So I figure some seal in the pump has finally given up? I saw that some S and R class owners have rebuilt their pumps and i figured I could do that.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,138 Posts
I have had to do one on the 99. Bought a cheap ass new pump and it leaked within days. Got an MB reman for about $280 several years ago from a dealer I used to work at with my employee discount and it has been fine since.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,735 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts