Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rebuilding the A/C

915 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  homeyg43
I have had enough of my a/c i want to rebuild it but i dont know what parts i need and also is there any upgrades for it or any suggestions. Thanx
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Whatever you do, it isnt going to be cheap. I don't know if there's really any upgrades...

Whatever you do, it isnt going to be cheap. I don't know if there's really any upgrades possible for it. Compressor, reciever/drier, condensor, and evaporator all get very expensive to buy and to get installed. The evaporator I think is the most labor intensive since it's hard to get it. And you're probably going to get it charged with R134 right? For the extra cash I'd go with R12, it's soooo much colder! Mine blows nice and cold! Still R-12!:)

· Registered
190E 2.6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just got the evaporator done so i need to know as far as vacume and stuff you see...

well i just got the evaporator done so i need to know as far as vacume and stuff you see at first my ac was good and it worked but then hot air just kept blowing out of the side vents and i cant get it to quit i just had the compressor recharged with r134 so that shouldnt be a problem please tell me what you think
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.