Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nice little shop that I had my rear brakes done for a nice price...and he quoted me a decent price for changing the spark plugs....still gotta do that @[email protected]

but when i asked about a paint quote...he wanted $600 for the color matching of the bumpers...door guards [anything grey] and the two little mirror covers.

im not really in any hurry to do this...still loving the car as it is...but i just moved here mmm...mid Dec? and i cant really say i kno there are that well yet.

ive noticed a couple of people around here have CA license plates...and was wondering if ya would mind to share some info?

thanks in advance

p.s. yes i do know that you do get what you pay for...hehe i guess i just dun wanna get $600 worth..i was hopin maybe circa $300-$400...is that unreasonable?

·
Registered
Ml 500SE
269 Posts
Don't know where in So. Cal you are. I live up the coast in Santa Maria. Locally we have Foster's Auto Body, which was voted #1 shop in So. Cal. He does outstanding work for a decent price. I saw a black BMW that he just did and it looked better than the Germans did it! He painted the top and hood of my GMC pick-up for $400 and it's perfect. Steve Foster owns the shop and has been in business close to 30 years. Give him a call @ 805-922-6191. This is a professional shop! [8D]

·
Registered
88 Benz 260E
534 Posts
$300-400 you'll get what you pay for. You expect quality work but not ready to fork out the money.I don't understand that mentality. When you're serious & ready hit up J & S Xtreme in Covina. Ask for Jin (626) 967-9964 he'll take care of you. They do all the custom show cars, custom paint, body kits etc. They did my car expect quality work reasonable price for what you get.

~Cali

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
understandable cali.
im not saying i want it for $50.
I was just saying that I thought that $600 was kinda steep.

but thanks for the info :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts