Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This time I didn't even flinch or get p!ssed. The part that made me the most angry was that they left the interior light on so the battery was dead.

I must be getting good because it took me less than an hour install the new one, soldered & heatshrink'ed.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
now thats messed up.
Hopefully nothing else was stolen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gee that's against the rules. Sorry buddy. My reason No. 2: Stupid cabbies who pull u-turns 5' in front of you.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Reason# 3: Jerks that ride your tail and don't back off any, I usally go about 25MPH and the when they come around me, I floor it.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It's not just the city, Got house in country and they broke into my truck camper and stole all my tools and a set of blunts about a month ago. Look on the bright side thay didn't used a crowbar on the dash. How they get in? Do you leave your car unlock to save your window? Maybe next time get one of those with removable faceplate or a slideout or a cheap one now onw would bother stealing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It's not just the city- I live out in the woods on top of a hill in WV, and Friday night, my cars were broken into. They mostly just took all my change and a few bills I had in my side pockets, the spare keys to a car I don't have anymore, and all my cd's with the case. Didn't even try to take my alpine cd player. Stupid non-working vacuum locks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I live south of the Red River, so don't have any of those issues. But, just in case someone wants something from my car - I never lock it - that way I will only have to replace what the steal - not the window as well.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I live south of the Red River, so don't have any of those issues. But, just in case someone wants something from my car - I never lock it - that way I will only have to replace what the steal - not the window as well.
I with you had my benz unlocked when they broke into my truck so I know that had tools to take whatever from the benz but they left it alone didn't event take the radio. I do put my battery in the garage so that doesn't walk away.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Those of us who've been in the city long enough have learned to always remove the faceplate overnight or when parking in "suspect" areas if your radio is equipped with a removable unit.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It does not matter where you live now. I installed a cheapo alarm that goes off of the any door gets opened. It saved a battery on my truck. The best part was the would be thieves seeing me with a loaded rifle pointed at them. The whites of the eyes got real big! This was in the 80's when I was apartment living.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I've been thinking about putting an H&K sticker in the back of the wagon... the parts guys at my local joked about someone stealing the wagon after I put in so many new parts and so many hours... I first thought, HAHA, who would want to steal the wagon... there are better gettaway vehicles... I mentioned this to them, and then they said, "some biodiesel freak,"... now this, I didn't think was funny at all... this made me nervous, very, very nervous...

There are enough W123 wagons in worse shape than mine around here... and I can just picture it now... Vintage radio, gone. Bumper trim, gone. Radio antenna fittings, gone. Chrome pieces, gone. Sun visors, gone. Floor mats, gone. Original first aid kit (replenished and up to date), gone...I went straight from the dealer and picked up a few more bricks of .45 ACP +P...

However, our wagon have spent some time parked on the streets of NYC (around Columbia campus and Midtown), and we've never had any problems...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts