Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a replacement rearview mirror with HomeLink garage door opener from a member here.

The installation was pretty easy and I think the functionality is great.

Here is the OEM mirror. Notice the placement of the garage door opener, rendering the center sun visor unusable (and being an eysore..).

The new mirror awaiting installation:

The reason for the purchase; HomeLink buttons:

Installation, step 1, remove the interior light:

Drop the headliner:

Connect switched power and ground and, voilà:

Programming was easy and it works like a charm. Even the compass agrees with my navigation system. :D

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1988 300SEL, 1979 Toyota Cressida MX32, 2006 F150 Lariat
1,542 Posts
Yep, looks great too. You did a good job with the installation. I am going to get one of those soon, best to pre-wire my car while the interior is out. makes for an easy install when its all said and done.

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Great Mod, Axel.... its one of these mods I've been meaning to do but just never did. One of many on my large plate at the moment:eek:

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
Great Mod Axel!

I already wired +12 SW and UNSW up there for displays and now that I am not going that way, I could do this instead.

AIR, Gerryvz posted a DIY like that.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
45,384 Posts
Great Mod Axel!

I already wired +12 SW and UNSW up there for displays and now that I am not going that way, I could do this instead.

AIR, Gerryvz posted a DIY like that.
Is the post still there?

BTW, I have been told that the Gentlemen doing those mirrors is pretty good at rebuilding limited slip differentials?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
45,384 Posts
I bought a replacement rearview mirror with HomeLink garage door opener from a member here.

The installation was pretty easy and I think the functionality is great.

Here is the OEM mirror. Notice the placement of the garage door opener, rendering the center sun visor unusable (and being an eysore..).

The new mirror awaiting installation:

Programming was easy and it works like a charm. Even the compass agrees with my navigation system. :D
Good job Axel.
Like DrGrillz, I have only been talking about the mod. Got 2 W140 mirrors sitting on the shelf for about 2 years (not the correct arm).
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts