Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and I need your help:

I have a 2012 GL450 with factory rearview camera. Unfortunately, it stopped working. When I put it in reverse, all I see is a black screen with the lines and the menu option "Back."

I bought a different camera, opened the trunk liner and tried that. I also checked Fuse 37 which was good. I took the radio out and looked at the connections in back which were good.

It is possible that the problem is the camera voltage modulator under the driver's seat. To be honest, I do not want to deal with removing the seat etc.

Here is my question:
Can I buy one those wireless cameras and connect the receiving end directly to the black and white connections behind the stereo? Or even lay a new cable from an aftermarket camera on the trunk to directly behind the radio. Therefore bypassing the voltage modulator etc?

What are you thoughts?

·
Registered
2013 GL550
7 Posts
Same problem

Hi. I have a 2011 GL550 and it intermittently does the same problem. Sometimes when I reverse, it has lines all over the screen but other times, it will function as normal. Did you ever find the solution?

Thanks
T

·
Registered
2007 GL450
18 Posts
I upgraded my command with a comparable unit. The u it cost around $300 it came with a back up camera. I found a reputable place that was known for installing them in MB. They charged me $500 to install every thing. I’m in California so I’m sure you can find a cheaper place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts