Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Merz CLK 500 2-door convertible
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
The vehicle now is stuck in "top on operation". I found that oil is lead somewhere (maybe from the cylinder), the oil in the bottle is very low. So I think I must fix the leakage and refill the oil. Need help on how to refill the oil. What oil I must order

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,791 Posts
Here is the oil you need:

In a pinch, you can also use Pentosin CHF 11s, but I do not recommend that as it's green and it stinks, so if it leaks, it's unpleasant.

You will need something to squirt fluid into the pump after removing the screw on the fill port. Something like a "barbecue injector" works.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Here is the oil you need:

In a pinch, you can also use Pentosin CHF 11s, but I do not recommend that as it's green and it stinks, so if it leaks, it's unpleasant.

You will need something to squirt fluid into the pump after removing the screw on the fill port. Something like a "barbecue injector" works.
Thank rudeney, do you have any experience with how to detect the leak?

·
21,791 Posts
You just have to locate it visually. If you examine all the hydraulic cylinders and see no signs of leaked oil, then it's probably the main life cylinders located behind the beck seat. When they leak, the oil ends up deep in the wells of the fenders and you won't see it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
NEED HELP
I found the hidden bolt and found that someone previously opened/closed it improperly. The head hole is badly rounded, I can feel it loose with a T40 screwdriver but can't fit with the T45. I spent some days opening this bolt but couldn't because the space to reach it is too narrow. I'm afraid its head hole more rounded and makes the situation worse.
What I will do know to open this bolt? What tool? What method?

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,243 Posts
Long pliars ..

·
21,791 Posts
Is it a Torx? It might be an Allen head bolt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hi every body, after 3 weeks, finally I have just opened the hidden bolt (round head). But I face the new problem: even though all bolts are taken out, I can not remove the metal panel because of the. top.

·
21,791 Posts
The top must be open.

·
21,791 Posts
You'll have to do it manually:

This vide show a W207 E-Class, but it's system is identical to the W209 CLK. Also, this is how to close the top. To open it, you follow the same steps, but in reverse. Basically, you open the hydraulic release valves in the trunk, unlatch the windshield lock, pop open the cover, raise the glass, open the cover, then fold every thing into the trunk. You may find it difficult to raise the cover. It takes even but firm pressure and having another person helps tremendously. If that doesn't work, you can open the trunk and detach the hydraulic lift cylinders from underneath the cover.

Oh, and if you cant get the rear side glass to lower at all, you need top be very careful that manipulating the top doesn't put too much pressure on it. if you can get to where the glass it attached to the regulator, you may have to detach it and carefully lower it beside the regulator.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Do you mean that I will manually open the soft top to the position below. And at this position I can remove the metal panel? My soft top has problem now and I only open/close it manually. I will fit it after repairing the rear window.

·
21,791 Posts
Yes, you will have to manually open the soft top in order to remove that panel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
Thank Rudney, finally, the metal panel was removed and I can take the regulator out.
I bought the regulator kit "Mercedes CLK Window Regulator Kit Rear Quarter Passenger Side Right W209" on eBay (Mercedes CLK Window Regulator Kit Rear Quarter Passenger Side Right W209 | eBay)
When I replace this kit, I see that the wire is a little bit short (even when the 2 springs are pressed to their min length), and can not install.
What's wrong with this situation? What is the exact length of the 2 wires? What is the OEM part I have to follow when buying a repair kit?

·
21,791 Posts
When the regulator fails and the glass won't move, this can be very challenging. You might need to jut cut the wire so that you can manually move the glass. You're going to need to replace it anyhow.

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,243 Posts
Thank Rudney, finally, the metal panel was removed. The next step is taking the glass and the regulator out.

I really do not understand this guidance.
Can you help me step by step to take out the regulator.
1. Take the glass out
- The glass is attached to the regulator by 3 bolts. So how to remove these bolts? I can move the glass up a little bit so I can remove one bolt. Is there any way to remove the 2 remains? Can I use my force to pull it up and down to put the bolts at the holes in order to open them? I saw some clip guiding to open these bolts via holes but I see the opening gap is wide enough to use a wrench to open 3 bolts. Is this the proper way?
Have you thoroughly read the Maintenance and Repair PPI sticky section ? Rear Power Window/Motor DIY ..
Post number 117 deals with your current problem.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts