Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,243 Posts
Good to hear that fixed it ,,I hope it lasts . Normally the glass should not need adjusting , unless the bolts came loose for some reason.
You don't need to disconnect the battery ,,and sometimes you need it to move the window up or down.
You don't have to remove the seat back or the seat base,,once again , refer to the sticky.

·
Registered
2006 Merz CLK 500 2-door convertible
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
You don't have to remove the seat back or the seat base,,once again , refer to the sticky.
Really not remove the seatback? What do you mean "refer to the sticky."?

Is the picture below of Clk500 leather panel? I see it has 2 holes for two bolts in the left side sure it is hidden behind the seatback

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,243 Posts
Refer to the sticky , repair and maintenance. ,,,as per my post number 31,,with the link. ( Third post from the top on the main page ).

No , I don't think so..it looks different to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Refer to the sticky , repair and maintenance. ,,,as per my post number 31,,with the link. ( Third post from the top on the main page ).

No , I don't think so..it looks different to me.
Rudeney helped me some pdf files for W209, I am confused if W209 is used for CLK500?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
2006 CLK500 is a W209.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
I already remove the leather panel, I can see the airbag and a metal panel. Follow the pdf file "RemoveSideWindowRegulator.pdf", at step 1
1. Remove rear side window glass
What does it mean? Open 3 bolts and take the glass out? My glass can not be moved now, the regulator was broken.
I also want to remove the rear airbag, but can not find any guidance.
I also intend to remove the metal panel but some clips said there is a hidden bolt I must remove but not point out where it is. Do you know where the hidden bolt?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Refer to my posts Number 107 and Number 61 in the sticky . There is a photo of the so called hidden bolt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Refer to my posts Number 107 and Number 61 in the sticky . There is a photo of the so called hidden bolt.
What is the sticky? And how can I find your post number 107? Thank
BTW I start to remove the airbag, please note me important things.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I see that take out the metal panel difficultly is only for accessing only 1 bolt of regulator panel. Anything else for the purpose to take out it?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
What is the sticky? And how can I find your post number 107? Thank
BTW I start to remove the airbag, please note me important things.
Sticky is the third post from the top on the main page , Repair and Maintenance ,,as already advised in post number 43.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I see that take out the metal panel difficultly is only for accessing only 1 bolt of regulator panel. Anything else for the purpose to take out it?
So that you can reach the electrical connection ,,and have enough clearance to remove the regulator.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Main page C209 CLK Class

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I want your advice: is it necessary to remove the airbag. I see the airbag has a connector and attached by 4 bolts. Is disconnecting the connector is enough?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
You don't need to remove the airbag ,,don't touch it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Can I do not disconnect the battery and remove the airbag?
If not remove the airbag, is it OK to disconnect the airbag connector for safety?
It is time for me to take the metal panel out. I had taken 2 plastic rivets on the well behind the seat (must open the soft top a little to access the well), peeled off the carpet and taken 2 bolts out. Is the bolt under the carpet called the hidden bolt?
If I take the metal panel out, there is a glass attached to the regulator panel inside the gap. Will I take all of them out or separate them?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Disconnect the airbag if you like.
The metal panel has four bolts holding it in place ,,take them all out and remove the panel.
Remove the glass first , then remove the regulator or window lift mechanism.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
1. Does anyone know the hidden bolt has size Torx 40 or 45? I face a problem with the bolt head. UsingT40, it was loose and slipped, using T45 can not insert it all the way. If the driver slips and can not open the bolt, what is another way to open it? You know that the hidden bolt gives us very little space to access it.

2. And how to open this airbag connector. What is the proper way to unplug it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Need HELP!!!
When I lift the sop top to access the hidden bolt, unfortunately, I had another problem:
  • OIl spilled out from the cylinder rod (pull up the top).
  • the rear glass close but stuck around 1 inch, not down completely.
  • Display the info: top in operation.
  • Can not open the trunk

I start the engine and pull/push the sop-top button, but no operation of the sop-top.
Can anyone help to solve this?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
1. Does anyone know the hidden bolt has size Torx 40 or 45? I face a problem with the bolt head. UsingT40, it was loose and slipped, using T45 can not insert it all the way. If the driver slips and can not open the bolt, what is another way to open it? You know that the hidden bolt gives us very little space to access it.

2. And how to open this airbag connector. What is the proper way to unplug it?

View attachment 2692495
The metal panel bolts are T30.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts