Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Merz CLK 500 2-door convertible
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The rear window didn't fall off, so the front window hit it

If manually push it dropped, then close the door, it will up but still slightly misaligned with the front window

The passenger side functions perfectly

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,243 Posts
When all else fails , replace or repair your rear window regulator.

·
Registered
30 Posts
`

Not sure if this helps but I had a similar

problem with window movement or lack

thereof -

Thank-You
DD.B.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
`

Not sure if this helps but I had a similar

problem with window movement or lack

thereof -

Thank-You
DD.B.

You had the same problem and the error belong to the door panel master control box?

·
Registered
30 Posts
`

If you read my post / problem above (click Rodney-anyone)

you will understand what my problem was -

I think that the master control box in the door controls many

window functions - one of which may be your problem -

The box may be partially working but on it's way to

complete failure -

Rodney may re-join this thread and give his exalted vision

as to the master control box causing your problem -

Thank-You
D.B.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,791 Posts
I had a good laugh re-reading that thread about DB's door controller! What fun we have around here! :p

I don't believe the door controller is the problem in this case. The front window seems to be lowering properly and all the switches are working. Also, the door controller does not control the rear window - it's controlled by the soft top module on the cabriolet, which also controls the seatbelt extender. Coupes have a similar "rear door control module" that operates the rear windows and seatbelt extender, but of course no soft top. Since the rear windows does operate via the switch, and it does attempt to drop, then the rear controller seems to be getting the proper signals and responding to them.

I believe this is strictly a mechanical problem. It could be a defective window regulator mechanism where it works correctly with a full-stroke operate of the glass, but the first bit of travel is not moving the glass enough. That could be cause by a cracked pulley or stretched cable. It could also be that the window alignment is off so that it doesn't move correctly.

So here's my question @docco : Do you have the skills, tools and desire to fix this yourself, or do you just need information to arm yourself with before you take it to a mechanic? If you are going to do this yourself, I can point you to the documentation for removing the trim and accessing the window regulator. If you are going to use a mechanic, I'd highly recommend avoiding dealerships and finding a good indy shop that specializes in MBZ cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So here's my question @docco : Do you have the skills, tools and desire to fix this yourself, or do you just need information to arm yourself with before you take it to a mechanic? If you are going to do this yourself, I can point you to the documentation for removing the trim and accessing the window regulator. If you are going to use a mechanic, I'd highly recommend avoiding dealerships and finding a good indy shop that specializes in MBZ cars.
I am a programmer but also a poor engineer so my purpose is to fix the vehicle by myself. This is a gift from my friend and he reminded me not to bring it to the dealer (he afraids I will pay so much). Last year I fixed successfully a gift (1995 Lexus es300) from my in-law brother after several shops can not repair it. It is my luck because one member of the Lexus forum helped me.

·
21,791 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,243 Posts
Here is the thread in the Maintenance Repair sticky section ..https://www.benzworld.org/threads/rear-power-window-motor-diy.1627676/
For practical advice and photos.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thank Benzyle. I'm waiting to move the vehicle near to my place then consider opening the back windows cover. I have no garage or garden to park

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Does anyone help me with the position of the amplifier of 2006 CLK 500. Thanks

·
21,791 Posts
Does anyone help me with the position of the amplifier of 2006 CLK 500. Thanks
I know you asked this in this thread and I tried to move it to its own thread, but something happened in the forum software and it lost the entire post. Since this thread is about the windows, you should start a new thread if you need help with the amplifier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thank Rudeney, I've just finished the audio, now return to fix the rear window, hope you can help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Unfortunately, my rear passenger side window can not move up and down. So I stop to check the rear driver side window and have to fix the rear passenger side window. My vehicle parked on the roadside and can not let the window open. I think the regulator is very old and broken.
So I order the regulator and try to replace it. At first, I need help to open the cover of the rear passenger window in order to access the inside to check.
Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Unfortunately, my rear passenger side window can not move up and down. So I stop to check the rear driver side window and have to fix the rear passenger side window. My vehicle parked on the roadside and can not let the window open. I think the regulator is very old and broken.
So I order the regulator and try to replace it. At first, I need help to open the cover of the rear passenger window in order to access the inside to check.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Read the sticky , everything you need is already there , as you were advised 19 days ago in post #31.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I am confused that adjust the window glass position is adjust the position of the regulator panel relative to the vehicle body (so many bolts) or adjust the position of glass relative to the regulator panel (3 bolts) or adjust something else?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The regulator panel is only adjustable at the lower bolt ,accessed from the exterior , and only adjusts the tilt of the glass.
The glass is adjustable about 10mm within the regulator.
Adjusting the glass should not be necessary unless you are replacing the regulator , and will not rectify the problem caused by a broken or partly broken lifting mechanism.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Thank Benzyle, I successfully fixed the rear window glass hitting the front window on the driver's side. Very simple. Only remove the small leather panel, move the rear window up/down to find 2 bolts of glass, loosen them, adjust the glass. That's all. Simple.
To take out the regulator panel of the rear passenger side window, do we need to disconnect the battery? Is there any bolt hidden behind the back of the rear seatback and we need to remove the rear seatback? Some guys said only remove the seat bottom, some guys said must remove the seatback to remove the hidden bolts.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts