Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear window

804 2
Just venting!

Last night before a possible rain and my parking situation being a street/open game scenario. My passenger window/rear decided not to go all the way up as though it were getting caught up on something. It would go down and go up until about 2 inches away from being closed. After a good hour of trying to get the door panel off (didn't succeed) I did manage to get the window off track and completely drop it down in the door.

What a bozo.

A real mechanic is fixing it now, anyone else been through this?[:(!][xx(][:(]
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1995 S-420
331 Posts
With my 89 190E, i havent been into the exact situation but something like that, infact rear driver side window dosent come up at all if lowered.The previous owner mensioned the problem to me when i bought it and this one time i lowered it accidently.I opend the door and tried bring it up but didnt work, after trying a few time with the door open and closed, it finally came up while the door was open, since then i nerver even took my hand close to the rear window switch.Could it be the switch goin bad or the motor? Any suggestions?

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
The window regulators (looks like a scissors jack) inside the door panels are made of aluminum and are prone to getting bent and warped. This is a typical MB problem from the mid 80's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.