Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CL500
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I noticed that both my rear windows do not roll down any longer. I do not think it is a motor problem because they still drop a little and go back up when you open and close the doors. If the windows are still going up and down with the door opening and closing can I eliminate a fuse problem? If not where is the fuse for these motors? (Note I did see a post about the location and position of the motor and control module fuses but for the fuses under the rear passenger seat none are numbered and with out the fuse diagram I cant figure out which ones they are...)

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2004 CL500
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rear window problem got even worse today. When I opened the drivers door the rear window dropped down and a half inch as usual but this time it wont go back up. The passenger rear window still wont roll all the way down but it still goes up and down when the door is opened and closed. I went and pulled out every fuse under the passenger rear seat as well as the fuses on both side of the engine compartments and all of them look good.

Are there any other fuses left to check? What should I be looking at next besides for new car?

·
Registered
2004 CL500
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a friend who has a scan tool run a check and the controller is reporting a fault with the window motor on the rear drivers side. However, if it was a bad motor why would the passenger window not go down too? Anyone have any ideas before I attempt to rip apart the back of the car next weekend?

Thank you

·
Registered
cl500 w215
32 Posts
look under my answers, i posted somwere already, it is module for rear windows under rear right seat mounted under foam with 2 + screws. Find new one... plastic black box with 2 conectors

·
Registered
2004 CL500
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Najlepsi! I just wanted to tell you thanks!! After about 3 1/2 months with both of my rear windows stuck about an inch down I finally took the rear passenger seat out and pulled up the foam and just like you said there was a little controller box. I unpluggged both of the harnesses and replugged them in and immediately I heard the controller box click like a switch had been turned on electronically. I turned the key and my rear windows worked again without even having to replace the controller!

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts