Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a photos of the motor/cable assembly? Something happened with one of the cables in the rear driver side window. The motor is fine. I could roll the window down but not up. I was able to pull the window up and it slides down by itself after some vibration. I took the door panel off and one of the cables (I assume cable that pulls window up) off and was just floating in there. I found where it belongs in behind the motor but I have no idea where the other goes. Its has a floating spring on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,950 Posts
You probably would have better luck posting this in the w210 forum. Maybe do a search of that forum as well.

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Common problem. Regulator needs to be replaced. Part is under $100. In addition you need to buy the rivets to reinstall it. You need to drill out 3 or 4 rivets to get the old one out.

Actually if you go to the 210 Forum as suggested, there is a sticky in the DIY topics that covers the repair. I actually carry the procedure around in the trunk of my car along with a couple of 2 x 4 pieces that I have fabricated to hold the window up if it ever fails me on a trip somewhere.

Len
'99 E300TD 93,000 miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts