Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 C180 and I have recently had my rear window replaced, since then there has been no Radio reception. Has the antenna been removed or damaged? What do you suggest I do to fix the problem? Tanx

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,863 Posts
If it wasn't an MB window with the proper antenna connectors, that could be the source of the problem. Check to see if the antenna connectors were hooked up. I don't know where they are in your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, it definitely isn't a genuine MB part. I can see some wires above the roof lining could I retro-fit a different antenna or should I get the screen replaced? What are the best options? Cheers

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Is this a sedan? You would have diversity antennas (wires at the rear window) and it would be impossible to have the same with retrofit antennas (antenna selection is done by the rear window antenna amp module).

If the window has some wires other than rear window heating, sounds like it was intended to be compatible with an OEM window. Perhaps the connections are not done properly or the contacts to the rear window are not placed well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts