Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The rear view mirror seems to be not getting any power, the two map lights, self dimming, and orange ambient LED are all not working...

No bad fuses that I can find... And everything else is working...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
No where in your profile or signature do you mention the Year for any of your vehicles. It might make a difference in the wiring or your rear view mirror.
Mike

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am sorry, but by the timeyou spent taking the screen shot, and marked it with MS paint, then took the time to post twice, you could have typed something like:

"Yes, there is a fuse of xxAmp located in xxxx."

or say

"there is no fuse, trace your wiring you dumb ass bayhas"...

I mean, no offence, I didn't pop yesterday on BW, to deserve coaching in how to pose questions in here, instead of a quick answer straight to the point... the kind of thing I always give people when they post in 140 and 129...

Dont get me wrong, it is one thing if you answered my question, then said "...and for future reference, please add your year to your profile, so we can help you quicker", a suggestion like this is more than welcome...

But for you to pop in, and post again (after someone already pointed the lack of year on my behalf), quote my answer that was nothing but the YEAR, with coaching about adding the year, is kinda annoying to say the least...

·
Registered
97 Posts
bayhas, don't take offense to 43sqd. This is the standard operating procedure for all the w163 threads where people haven't updated their vehicle information. Probably 20% of 43sqd's posts are asking new members to complete their profile (exaggeration).

If you can slip off the rear-view mirror, test the wire connection for voltage.

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bayhas, don't take offense to 43sqd. This is the standard operating procedure for all the w163 threads where people haven't updated their vehicle information. Probably 20% of 43sqd's posts are asking new members to complete their profile (exaggeration).

If you can slip off the rear-view mirror, test the wire connection for voltage.
Yep, thats was my train of thoughts as well, so I did take the mirror off, and sure enough there was no voltage between the black and orange or the red one...

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,119 Posts
Bayhas, 43 is one of the more skilled techs on this forum. I understand his frustration with those who do not complete their profile. 1999 ML430 is different than the 2000 and 2001, mainly in the electronics and wiring, one such example is the 2000 and up has the AAM2. He doesn't want to waste your time or his sending you in the wrong direction. An updated profile with the model year and model gives him the info needed to help you.

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only relevant fuse I can find is the 10A anti dazzle mirror, radio, along with couple other components... And that fuse was good...

Anyone with a wiring schematic please?

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Which one?

Bayhas, after Witek's reply, I hope you understand why squid #43 responded the way he did. There are probably 4 - 5 extremely technically savvy ML folks on this forum, and Witek and Squid are two of them. Sometimes I think that these guys are former MB techs so it's a good thing to listen to them. BTW, I also understand how you can get ticked off...but...that's for another thread.

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The mirror adjustment works.

There is no power at x1.

Do you know where x18/2 is located?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
dont feel special bayhas... the screenshot was not made just for you ;) i have seen that exact post more than i can count.

there is a plug underneath the sail panel (on the opposide side of the door opposite from the mirror) takes two second to pop off check if that maybe got disconnected....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts