Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear vents not blowing warm air

1720 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Snowman
I recently noticed that the rear vents in my car do not blow warm air when the heat is on. Can anyone suggest where the problem might lie? The front vents do blow warm air and keep the cabin very comfortable. But when the rear vents are opened it blows cold air. It's easier to keep the rear cabin warm by simpling closing the rear vents....I was under the impression that the rear vents simply use the same heated air that flows in the front cabin.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
You havent got the optional rear heat controls

It seems as if you benz was not fitted with separate rear heating contols. In this instance the rear centre console will only supply cold air. Heat is only supplied to the rear via the rear footwells. Close off the centre console vents when you want heat in the back
[:)]

· Registered
Current: '14 S550, '99 S500, '10 Prius; Previous: '93 400SEL, '98 Corolla
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip

I did not realize that the warm air from the rear vents was an option (I find it strange!). I assumed that the rear vents circulated the same kind of air (warm, cold) as the vents in the front cabin. But I will remember to close the rear vents if I need warm air. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.