Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys,
I have a 1990 500sel, I have had the car converted to run on LPG , but due to the weight of the 2 tanks in the boot the current rear coil springs are allowing the rear to be too low. does anyone know of a good place to have some uprates springs made.

Many thanks
Paul

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Welcome. To take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies. It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information, incl. many write ups re your topic.
Cheers

P.S. Search the forum, I recall other posts of members with LPG conversions.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Morning guys,
I have a 1990 500sel, I have had the car converted to run on LPG , but due to the weight of the 2 tanks in the boot the current rear coil springs are allowing the rear to be too low. does anyone know of a good place to have some uprates springs made.

Many thanks
Paul
It's too bad your car does not have SLS, it would have solved your problem with no issues. :(

There are sports springs available for our cars (H&R, Eibach), but they're designed for improved performance and handling and lowers the car about 1.5"-2", depending on the spring pads, so you really should change all four springs if you choose this option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts