Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 clk 430
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys... Have a question... My rear suspension seems pretty soft and when I have passengers in the back seat the rear actually squats a couple inches and infact actually with the wheels I'm running actually touch the inside wheelwell when hitting a fairly mild dip or bump in the road. My question is this.. I reallt don't care to lower the car with Lowering springs as I like the ride height(at least in the rear) but I would like to know if I just replace the springs with stock (new) springs would I regain the stiffness it had as new? I dont have anything to compare my ride to not having another buddy around with a 430. And I really hate to buy a set of four lowering springs just for the rear pair. Do any of you have a stock pair that you have removed that I could buy and try them out? I know its a simple swap since I researched here to find out its just takes less than an hour to do both rear springs.I don't thin kit is supposed to be this soft. Or maybe I need to replace the shocks ? But I don't think that would actually help much with this issue. What do think guys? No wise cracks about having fatasses in the back seat causing my problems! HeHeHe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,

I'm not as knowledgable as others on here, but from what I've read if you want a smoother ride you could change your whole stock suspension with coilovers and springs. But it seems you just want to replace your springs. I have an 01 CLK-430 and a lot of people like the Eibach springs so its up to you. Not sure. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car does the same thing. My tires are rubbing like mad. The suspension is soft to begin with I read, but I didnt own it new so I dont know what soft is. my 8 year old springs and shocks need to go but i dont want to lower the car either. Whats a guy to do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts