Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I did a search on this and i didnt see any response that could help. So the issue is, on my 95 s420 69k miles, the rear sun shade went up, but now wont come down. I hear a loud clicking noise when i try to put it down using the button. Is there any way to get it back down without taking out the seat and taking apart the assembly?

From the threads that ive seen, it seems as though the problem is dried up grease on the gears. Is there a DIY writeup for this issue? how hard is it? how much would it cost to get it fixed at an indy? thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey everyone. I did a search on this and i didnt see any response that could help. So the issue is, on my 95 s420 69k miles, the rear sun shade went up, but now wont come down. I hear a loud clicking noise when i try to put it down using the button. Is there any way to get it back down without taking out the seat and taking apart the assembly?

From the threads that ive seen, it seems as though the problem is dried up grease on the gears. Is there a DIY writeup for this issue? how hard is it? how much would it cost to get it fixed at an indy? thanks
i had the same issue on my 93 300SE , what you do is .: have one person at the back seat grabing the 2 bars of the shade and pushing them in the slide toward the closing position ( so that means in with each other -->> <<--) and at the same time have another person pressing and holding the switch down position at the same time.. this should fix it and will let your shade down. let us know how will work out

good luck

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Something along the same lines happened to mine - it's gone up and won't come back down. From what I read here it's quite a bit of work to get shade out of the car and into pieces to grease up again - so I thought I'd have a look into it after winter - haha.

I don't get the noise that you mentioned however - also the fuses seem to be all in check.

Keen to hear how it goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same problem with my S420. The shade will not go down. The dealer told me it would cost $1000.00 to replace the pump. In the mean time, how do you let the shade down?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
can you hear it clicking.. then it has come off the end of the rachet.. Its a two person job to get it down.. One to GENTLY press down from the CENTER of the blind.. and a second (you can use a female friend) to tap/press the switch till it engages.. and down it comes..

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Out of the blue my rear shade started working again - it struggled going up and down the first few times (requires greasing?) but now is quite smooth. Bizarre.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear all
currently I have the same problem the sun shade won't go down. I did above work and failed. May I know how to lubricate the sun shade relevent points.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Dear all
currently I have the same problem the sun shade won't go down. I did above work and failed. May I know how to lubricate the sun shade relevent points.
If you did what I and merc600sec recomended than your mottor or cable is shot my firend.. cause if it wont go down with the manual help than it wont catch in its own feet..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts