Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
clk 320
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some days it works fine so I assume it's not the motor. Fuse is fine. Might it just be the switch? The Germans can make a bullet proof engine and tranny but can't fix a flashlight with new batteries.

·
Registered
1999 CLK320
446 Posts
i've had intermittent problems with the sunscreen.

when you're screen starts to work again, never have it fully opened or closed. ever notice the non-fully opened sunscreens? there's a reason why. it must be the alignment of the gears.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
2002 clk 55amg coupé
339 Posts
i've had intermittent problems with the sunscreen.

when you're screen starts to work again, never have it fully opened or closed. ever notice the non-fully opened sunscreens? there's a reason why. it must be the alignment of the gears.

hope this helps!
Hmmm IIRMC I was told by Steve at MBenzNL not to leave it partly up or dwn - that stresses the delicate plastic parts.... Anyway mine has been fine since Steve put it in a couple of years ago. And the comment above about German engineering is spot on!

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
:shit not: to be perfectly frank guys, my wife turned it 'down' when I/she got it back in Sept. & honestly I've been too afraid to touch it ever since. with hotter weather near I need to find the courage to try it but can't:crybaby2: I need to search this forum to see if any lubricants or routine maintenance can be performed before I tear up an expensive sunshade that I honestly don't know if would replace since I've never reaped it's benefits before:surrender:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts