Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500SLC #2624. Black on Black.
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good priced source for these?

I used to be able to get them for USD$100, then they went to USD$145, now the same supplier wants USD$250 for them!

If anyone knows a goods ource that would be great.

It's so annoying that they aren't the same as the SLC ones, because a good quality Meyle set for an SLC is only about USD$60.

Also, does anyone know why no-one does and aftermarket kit? Surely the demand would be there for Meyle or similar to do one?

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,196 Posts
Does anyone know a good priced source for these?

I used to be able to get them for USD$100, then they went to USD$145, now the same supplier wants USD$250 for them!

If anyone knows a goods ource that would be great.

It's so annoying that they aren't the same as the SLC ones, because a good quality Meyle set for an SLC is only about USD$60.

Also, does anyone know why no-one does and aftermarket kit? Surely the demand would be there for Meyle or similar to do one?
The kit at my local dealer was $200 and change CAD.
It included the bushings, donuts and new bolts.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit at my local dealer was $200 and change CAD.
It included the bushings, donuts and new bolts.
Nobby,
How recent is that price? Any guesstimate on airmail cost to Australia? what would it be worth to you to pick one up and send it to me? Or do you think the dealer might be able to send one to Australia?

I know I'm being demanding, feel free to tell me to piss off. ;)

·
29,196 Posts
Nobby,
How recent is that price? Any guesstimate on airmail cost to Australia? what would it be worth to you to pick one up and send it to me? Or do you think the dealer might be able to send one to Australia?

I know I'm being demanding, feel free to tell me to piss off. ;)
The price is 2 years old...and I KNOW for a fact MB's prices have gone up.
Are you in a terrible hurry?

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The price is 2 years old...and I KNOW for a fact MB's prices have gone up.
Are you in a terrible hurry?
ah ha! Fair enough.

No problem then. Chances are it will now be more than I'll be paying elsewhere.

One supplier I have his price has gone from USD$100 to USD$250 and another from USD$149 to USD$229, so I'm think that MB is going to be more than that by now.

I am looking forward to getting them side-by-side with the SLC ones to see how different they are though.

I really wish Meyle would do set, I'm sure there is the demand for them out there.

Parts do seem to be very well priced in Canada though. I have a friend that needed and EZL module for his 420SEL, In Australia it was AUD$6000+ (maybe have even been AUD$9000, I can't remember exactly) and in Canada I think he could get one from a dealer for AUD$1300.

·
29,196 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts