Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Mercedes Benz C220
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I back for another question to the fellow community

1995 C220 sedan. I have replaced the bulb for the stoplamp (passenger side). It was working but now I get an exterior lamp malfunction signal on my dash. It works sometimes & sometimes it doesn't. Is this b/c of the loose contacts? Do I need to clean the contacts in the bulb socket? As well, the rear fog light in the same location does not work either. I have replaced it with brand new light bulb & I can't get it lit. The driver rear side works fine as a comparison, so I know the fuse is not the issue.

i figure it may be the circuit board that these lights fit into. However if it was faulty, then the turn signals wouldn't work either.

Any advice or something I forget to check or diagnose so i know what steps to take?

Many thanks & God Bless

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG, 2006 E500 4MATIC Estate
692 Posts
Just check your connections around the bulb/tray.

Also, fyi, this is the AMG w202 board. Please post future threads in the regular w202 board. You should only post here if you can't find an answer there. Just to prevent clutter and repeat questions.

Anyway, good luck with the problem; shouldn't be anything major. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Mercedes Benz C220
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey your right, my bad. Definatly agree with you. These posts should be cleaned without clutter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts