Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S500 Brilliant Silver and Black Leather. 20 inch CLS AMG Rims.
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about putting on a rear spoiler on the s500. I want something s classy lol. But im open to anything and just wondered if anyone had put 1 on and if they can post pics so i can see how the car would look. Thanks

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
One of the best looks is the back of this car and side view. Hey but if that is what you want, I would love to see pictures afterwards. Take a picture and do some computer drawings of different looks.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
I have seen a few spoiler on the rear decklid but IMO they all ruin the clean lines of the car. I would never put one on but of course this is your car and your choice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the way the car is right now. Just thought what would the car look like with a real spoiler not those little lips. I will probably get the rear window visor for the back but still debating if to get one for the back of the trunk. So i was thinking if i seen one i liked i would put that on. Beautiful car as is. I think the lorinsers have a spoiler wonder how that looks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey divindra... The pics you posted for the exhaust tips look nice, but I can see what you mean about the whole thing not being chrome and being able to see the black on the side...

On another note, I have been looking into spoilers for my S430 for about a week now. I asked lots of people their opinion on what they put on their cars as I didn't want to buy something and have it look terrible. I'm going to be ordering, later today, a roof and trunk spoiler from a place off of ebay (lorinser style). Here's a link:
LINK

I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw the place was located in Taiwan. I didn't know how good the product was or how long it would take. I contacted other people that bought the same spoilers from them off of ebay (from their seller rating) and they all said it took about a week to get and the product was excellent quality. So, based on the feedback I got from other buyers, I think I'm going to go ahead and place my order. I'm going to be having the trunk and hood painted soon, so I'll get the spoilers painted too at the same time, then put them on myself.

I'm also thinking about changing out my head lights to the black ones with clear lenses. I've put up 2 postings on here to see if anyone has done that and if so, to post some pics so I could see what it looked like. So far, no one has responded...

I just picked up a 2000 S430 black last week. I tinted the windows and put a set of Lowenhart rim with Nitto tires on it. (I'm attaching a pic)...

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SocaJam i was thinking exactly as you are. Im going to pst some pics of the Tips tomorow when icome from school. I want to but the rear roof spoiler and will eventually whenever i decide to repaint my bumpers. My uncle has a 430 and he ordered the chrome pieces (tail light head light pillar posts and door handle inserts) so whenever that comes i will decide upon those things. I want to chrome the car up a little but definitely don't want to take away the overall beauty of the car. I want to put newer headlights on the car because i feel that the current headlights are too yellowish and clearer headlights would make the front of the car look brand new. I just wanted to know with the newer headlights would the outo leveling still work? This is my car any suggestions what i should do...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered a Roof and Trunk spoiler for my "S" last night (unpainted). Will let you know how the look (quality wise), once I get them. My car is suppose to go in next weekend for the Hood and Trunk to be painted. I'm going to have them paint the 2 spoilers at the same time. I'll post some pics once that is done, so you can see how it looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts