Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2017 C43 AMG Sedan, 2007 E350 w/ AMG Sport
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just real quick wanted to ask you for your opinion on how to correctly install the rear lip spoiler on e350. Would you tape it with 3M tape or drill and attach it with screws? I got some mixed opinions and decided to ask here for final decision. Thanks

This is how the rear spoiler looks on the car

btw, sorry if this a repost

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
Yes, I just paid my favorite body shop $150 to remove the one on my recently purchased Bluetec. It was installed with double-side tape, which is the factory procedure. Came off with no problem.

Just didn't like the "Neon" look, but some people apparently can't move on past that.

I realize it's futile, but the official WIS procedure is AZ88.50-P-0001T, "Retrofit AMG rear spoiler."

Part number is A211 790 04 88 (plus paint code)

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
Hey guys, just real quick wanted to ask you for your opinion on how to correctly install the rear lip spoiler on e350. Would you tape it with 3M tape or drill and attach it with screws? I got some mixed opinions and decided to ask here for final decision. Thanks

This is how the rear spoiler looks on the car

btw, sorry if this a repost
WOW!! Those tail lights are simply gorgeous where can i find them? would mercedes benz have them? By the way i got an 06 E350... also around how much

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I got the rear lip installed today, the guy at the shop used 3M tape for both top and bottom sides. He said if I dont like it eventually, he will take it off for me, but I think it looks great! I dont think Im making pimpmobile out of it, not like Im installing shinny chrome parts or putting 20inch wheels on it. I wanna keep the car 100% Benz parts. Regarding those rear lights, those are part of sport package and wheels as well, 18'inch AMG chrome wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK230, E350 4MATIC
45 Posts
Pavelgram,
Specifically, to which sport package do those tail lights belong? Was it included in the package that came with your car, or is it an aftermarket M-B package you later added?
Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi pavelgram, as far as I understand you purchased the genuine Mercedes rear spoiler right? Anyway my question is: did you notice the spoiler gave more stability to the rear end of the car (more aerodynamic pressure) in high speed corners (freeways or motorways)?

Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, its the genuine rear lip spoiler, regarding the stability, I really havent noticed any major difference in handling of the car, the main reason was for looks and personal satisfaction :).

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
66 Posts
spoiler from CarID

I have a 2009 E350 with AMG Appearance package. I want to add the "factory rear lip spoiler" from CarID , PURE® FG-077 - Factory Style Rear Lip Spoiler (Painted). My concern is the 4 year old car and new fresh pain on the spoiler won't match. No drill, just 3M tape, will this last? Anyone has done similar thing? Any advice? Thank you all.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
The tape is more than good enough as long as the receiving surface is nice and clean.

I can not comment on the paint match. Each car goes through different levels of paint fade over the years. On my 2005 metallic red wagon the front bumper respray was done just using the MB paint code and paint from the dealer. It matched perfectly. The car has been garaged its whole life.

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
66 Posts
Thank you for your inputs. It's not a MB genuine part so I don't know if it will look cheap or not.

PURE® FG-077 - Factory Style Rear Lip Spoiler (Painted)
T5i® ABS319A - Factory Style Rear Roofline Spoiler (Painted)

Total cost for these 2 is almost $500.00. If I order this at MB dealer, it will cost me almost 4 times more expensive. I want save some $$ but I don't know if it will make car looks cheap :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts