Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear seat that is not working. The head restraints work with the switch but the seat will not move. How do you get to the motor - from the trunk or is there anything else I can try? I don't have the fuse diagram, so I don't know if the left seat has a separate fuse from the right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the motor bad. You can't buy it separate, so I had to get the actuator and track assy and replace the whole unit. Works like a champ now.

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you dont mind me asking how much were the parts & labor for that? or did you diy. thanks
I bought the motor / track assy. from mbzwholesaleparts for $425 and installed myself in 20 mins or so (only 6 bolts and 1 connector). The part had to come from Germany, so it took a couple of weeks to get to me.

·
Registered
02 S500
111 Posts
Passy thank you so much for info , its good to know ... you should've done a DIY write up ... rest of members and myself would have liked that . thank you

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Passy thank you so much for info , its good to know ... you should've done a DIY write up ... rest of members and myself would have liked that . thank you
I just followed the steps shown in the MB maintenance manual. The manual also includes pictures showing how to remove the rear cushion and what bolts to remove for the adjuster assembly. I got the MB manual on DVD on Ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts