Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was told my rear SAM is out. My fuel gauge has issues and not showing fuel level.
I bought a used SAM but it wasn't compatible. How do I know which one to buy .

Please help

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,866 Posts
I asked for the vin#. Telling me what part # you presently have doesn't help me at all.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,866 Posts
Your present SAM has not been superseded so you you must look for a used one in the country you live in. Also understand that a used SAM will have most of the features already installed, but if one or two are not, you must find a mech. who has a M/B SDS scanner so he can add that feature. e.g.you have auto tailgate open & close but the used SAM did not have that feature.

Also, here is a copy of your DATA Card with all the features.

For what reason did someone tell you that you must replace the SAM. Be specific.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,866 Posts
Did you not see this question...........For what reason did someone tell you that you must replace the SAM. Be specific.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry had missed the question.
It was because my fuel gauge is not responding and not indicating fuel level and that the sensor passes through the sam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then suddenly also the car just sputters to a halt after stating it and driving for a few metres. It has full power and throttle but just sputters to a halt and keeps doing this.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,866 Posts
Who told you this? Did they actually check the wiring at the SAM?

Did you consider the fact it could be a problem with float in either the fuel pump or fuel filter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the guidance.i am not mechanical but your questions are very valid and will lose these to the mechanics. Seems they were very superficial.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man you are a God sent. That guy will be shocked and astonished. He will not understand how I have become a guru overnight. Many many thanks

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,342 Posts
Man you are a God sent. That guy will be shocked and astonished. He will not understand how I have become a guru overnight. Many many thanks
43sqd isn't a godsend...he IS A MERCEDES GOD! In the flesh! :D

Benzworld should be cutting him a check every month from the ad revenue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,
Can you help me by telling me if the SAM unit I have in my vehicle has the capability for plugging in harness for a trailer?
My vin is WDC1641862A089197 ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts