Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300D Euro
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tech says my rear SAM'S module is bad on my 03 S430. I found one with part # A 028 545 81 32. My part is the same BUT the last four digits are different: 84 32 (instead of 81 32). Would this module work or should I find one with the exact same #? Will the SAM need to be reprogrammed?

Thanks!

Richard

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,811 Posts
It might work . No telling for sure . If it’s on eBay with a free return policy there’s no risk to try but It’s always better to find same part number .

·
Registered
2006 S500 4matic, 2005 S500
551 Posts
No, it will not need to be reprogrammed- I have replaced a few of them after floods. I totally agree with Tusabes- get the same part number. I have received some with close part numbers and they have not worked.

Replacement is fairly easy.

·
W220 Moderator
6,354 Posts
Will the SAM need to be reprogrammed?
No one can answer that until they have had your Car and the new Module on SDS .............

Even if it is the exact part number, and h/w and s/w dates it still might or might not depending upon exact specs / options on the Vehicle, so the correct answer is :-

When replacing any Module on these Cars, SDS must be used at very least to check that the Version Coding is correct, and if not re Version Code it !!

Now, I'm not saying that the basic functions will not work, things like Brake Lights and Fuel Pump because any W220 will have those, but other stuff for example (but not only), Rear Roller Blind etc may not work, and sometimes can end up getting battery drains because something is looking for something else and keeps the CAN alive even with ign off !!

HTH,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts