Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2004 & 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG, 2014 GLK 350
46 Posts
I want to thank keyhole for posting the WIS's for replacing the rear window regulator on the W209. I was able to save $400+ in labor to the mechanic :bowdown::bowdown:

The procedures outlined in the WIS's are pretty much exactly how it goes. Use each WIS in the order keyhole has them posted. The one thing I didn't see in there (and maybe I just missed it--which would have saved me some frustration had I seen it :eek:) is that in the coupe, in order to remove the lower side panel, it is necessary to remove the C-pillar trim panel by removing the SRS badge and accessing the Torx screw underneath. Once that's out, the panel just unclips, the lower panel will be free to move and you have access to the innards.

I had replaced a couple of regulators in the past in other cars, so I was shocked at how much this part cost (found it on partsgeek for $440+) :eek: So, I was needless to say happy to avoid paying my friendly neighborhood dealership another $400+ to do the job. It took me about 2 hours to tear it all down and an additional 2 hours to put everything back together. If I ever have to do it again (God please no), I'm sure I can do it quicker 👍
Hi,
Do you know where I can find instructions on how to restring the cables on the regulator bracket? I purchased to repair kit, and I'm having a hard time putting it back together.

·
Registered
2004 CLK320 Cabrio
25 Posts
Hi,
Do you know where I can find instructions on how to restring the cables on the regulator bracket? I purchased to repair kit, and I'm having a hard time putting it back together.
Posts 67-73, 102, and 122-134 should help you. I don't know of any other step by step instructions for the repair kit. It can be a bit frustrating get the cables on the pulleys and mount the drive motor, but many of us have managed this repair with the kit and saved quite a bit of money. If you have the regulator out you've done most of the work....Steve

·
Registered
2004 & 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG, 2014 GLK 350
46 Posts
Very cool screen name.. One of my favorite movie.. :)

Thanks for the quick response.. I'll check out the posts.

·
Registered
2004 CLK320 Cabrio
25 Posts
Someone just made a video on how

Video is great for showing where everything goes, but follow the posts and start the cables on the cams and move the trolley while holding the main pulley to the regulator. It must be tough to pull that into position under full tension...ps....the missus must've been thrilled about fixing that on the dining room table!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, thanks for posting a lot of useful information and links here.
I'm trying to fix my regulator with the repair kit from ebay.
However, I discovered that one of the plastic sliders has broken in two halves.
I marked the part on the attached picture, any idea where I could get a replacement?

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,668 Posts
1. Try to repair it using two part epoxy glue ,,like Araldite,,
2. Source part from a wrecker
3. MB Dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a spring washer on top of this plastic part.
I'm thinking to glue it together with washer, to avoid breaking.
Of course it will lose the spring action, but might be still working.
MB dealer only sells complete regulators, unfortunately.
If it does not work, I'll try to find one at a scrapyard, or make it from a piece of plastic...

141 - 148 of 148 Posts