Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Drove with my kids to kindergarden this morning and when reeling the window up in my S210 1998 I heard a crack sound, something dropped to the bottom of the inside of the door and the window won't move. The motor is working and it does pull the window down a bit when I push the window up.

Any idea what might have broken here?

Thanks, Al.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Do a search for "rear window regulator" - which is not a uncommon failure. There will be some posts regarding replacing a plastic part of that regulator that sometimes fails - most repairs involve replacing the regulator mechansism (motor can be removed from the mechanism) - there has been China made regulator's/non-brand in the US for many years now and they are GOOD quality - rather than paying for OEM/Mercedes part.

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a search for "rear window regulator" - which is not a uncommon failure. There will be some posts regarding replacing a plastic part of that regulator that sometimes fails - most repairs involve replacing the regulator mechansism (motor can be removed from the mechanism) - there has been China made regulator's/non-brand in the US for many years now and they are GOOD quality - rather than paying for OEM/Mercedes part.

Keep the beat !
Thanks for your help here. Can you point out a seller of both the plastic part and the complete china/german part (minus motor)?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Thanks for your help here. Can you point out a seller of both the plastic part and the complete china/german part (minus motor)?
No point in doing a search.

Just go up to the stickies. Everything you need to know is there.

Sellers we point out probably won't help you in Iceland; shipping would kill you on it from the states. If you want to replace just the green slider part, it is a regular MB part (so you can get it at the dealer) and the P/N is A2107200042. Call the dealer and see how much they want for it. Otherwise just buy the regulator assembly and swap it out, putting your motor on the new regulator.

I'd definitely pull yours first, though; sometimes the cable can get badly snarled and kinked, and if that happens replacing the slider is lots more difficult and reliability may be an issue, in which case you want the assembly anyway.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts