Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just got my 1990 500SL...and to make it street legal (it's from out of country) I have to have Daytime Driving lights (taken care of) and lights in the side reflectors of the taillights (they don't have those in Europe). So here's what I did...I ran a wire from the socket of the taillight (red and white cable as it is used for both stop signal and light) - and here from the white cable (as this is the light) - to the new installed side reflector light bulb. Only...to test I used a 8W bulb...and didn't change the fuse. So the fuse burned...and I replaced it...but now the light does not work anymore. It's not the bulb...the brake light still comes on...but the white wire. I checked the white wire that connects to the taillight and it has no power anymore.

Any idea what this could be????? Did I burn the cable??? Everything still works...it's just the white cable that has no power anymore.....

Any help is more than appreciated!!!!

Thx!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headlamp

I will find out tomorrow...I will bring it to the dealership. I should start a new post about this:
Importing a 15 year or older MB into Canada. Huuuuuuuuuge problems...they changed all the regulations....they even want me to change inner tie rods and lower ball joints ... on a 70,000km / 45,000mile car!!! aaaaahhhhh...I have to meet the same standards as a brand new car!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the other hand - the front signals both work...??? So it can't be the relay then, can it???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts