Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here knows the part numbers to the rear license plate holders or know a link where I can buy one for my US model 450SL? Pics would be great as well. Thanks

Regards
Sam

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
There isn't one. The plate screws to the body. Ir you want a mount google it. They are aftermarket or Dealers sell them.

There was an adapter bracket for US to Euro models or vice versa.. It was discussed and pictured here several years ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There isn't one. The plate screws to the body. Ir you want a mount google it. They are aftermarket or Dealers sell them.

There was an adapter bracket for US to Euro models or vice versa.. It was discussed and pictured here several years ago.
I tried doing that but the holes dont match up to my plate.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
I went out and measured. Top holes. Both my plate and the mounting holes on the 560SL are seven inches center to center.

All US models are the same. State license plates should all be standard.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
May I add my 2 cents worth of input? Is the license plate holder pictured "original MB"? If I'm not mistaken, it's not. The "original MB", has a different design for the bottom part, which I think is meant for water to drain easily, it also has holes for small rubber bumpers, meant to prevent the stainless steel license holder from touching the body work.

Let me search my previous MB's picture files to see if I have any... the "original MB" is different from the pictures posted here.

If you look closely at the picture I posted of the MB stainless steel frame, you would notice the difference between the top and bottom horizontal parts.

I hope this helps you out...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Chicky
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing