Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know what some will say.....Get startek...

My rear hatch wont open. The dealer charged me $150 to tell me that I needed a new latch on the hatch...;) Does anyone know how to remove the trim from the rear hatch so that I can replace the latch?

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
im assuming first you are complaining cause the dealer charged you $150, obviously you didnt know what was wrong so you took it there, what did you expect to be told what was wrong for free?????

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im assuming first you are complaining cause the dealer charged you $150, obviously you didnt know what was wrong so you took it there, what did you expect to be told what was wrong for free?????
If I had let them do the work, the charge would have been $700 so that I can open one of my doors

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Rear Hatch is Actin up Too

Think this is covered under the CPO warranty? I asked my dealer this same question and I got this as an answer "We would need to inspect what the failed component is in order to tell you if it is covered under CPO warranty. You can make an appt. on line at..." In other words, I want to charge you $150 to tell you that your hatch doesn't open :mad

Anyone find a good source for a new latch in case I need to tackle this myself? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
GLK350 2011 Gone, B200 Turbo CVT 2009 Gone, GL320 CDI 2008, B200 Turbo CVT 2006 Gone
354 Posts
There were some recalls for the rear latch mechanism on the doors.
On the back there is couple devices that can make the rear not to open.
I remember on 2008 GL we had it replaced under warranty or some recall, cannot remember it exactly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rear Hatch Latch Covered Under CPO Warranty

As an FYI, this repair was covered under the CPO warranty program.:)

OPCODE 803128 Locking Actuator-Tailgate Replace. Part Number 164-740-07-35. (It's about a $200 part.)

My problem was that the actuator would not release when attempting to open the rear hatch requiring a manual release to access the rear compartment. The close cycle would work fine.

Repair was successful, although it took them 3-hours from R.O. open to ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts