Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 300 GDL
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into fitting the rear jump seats to a 463 LWB. Did the seats come equipped with seat belts as standard or an option. If so anyone got a photo of them? Or a p/n from the epc .I've seen the seats but never belts.
There must have been some countries in the world where seat belts were required to be legal. A friend in New Zealand tells me side ways facing seats can no longer be fitted on any new vehicle.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
my understanding (however likely inaccurate) is that the seat belts are always aftermarket add ons... and that the seats are only meant for "putting your boots on" meaning not legally crash tested. Mine don't look factory, i think europa puts in the belts. I don't have any pictures, i should be taking some pictures of the truck since i got it back now with the new bumper. Maybe i'll snap one of those too...

Erik

·
Registered
2015 G63, 2008 CLK Black Series, 2016 GLE 300d
268 Posts
pics of the rear seats and belts on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4532033746&category=31854

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,110 Posts
Belt installation

I put in my own jump seat and belts. The belts are bolted through the body (top of wheel arches). To prevent pull through the bolts go through huge washers on the outside. The washers are also epoxied to the body for an extra measure of pullthrough and rust prevention. I chose to put in two sets of belts as I was often hauling several small kids. The outside belts can be clicked together for an adult.

·
Registered
'02 G500
75 Posts
There must be a way to retrofit the cool jump seats from the 00-03 Discovery into the G. I tried them out at an auto show and I was quite impressed with their design and comfort. I am pretty sure there is enough headroom back there in the G for adults using these seats.

If I ever get the time, I will stop at a Disco Dealer and take a few pictures.

These could be found in a junkyard search I would imagine.

-Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts