Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone retro fitted the folding rear jump seat and belts and where is a good place to purchase the seat (either OEM or after market accessory)?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wouldn't call them seats, but...

I have them in my SL as well. These parts are rather easy to mount in the car and if it was for me; I would go for the OEM parts, but these are rather expensive.<br> There was a thread on www.mercedesshop.com a while ago in the SL-forum about OEM and after market rear seats. You might want to check that out.<br> <br> greetingz,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if the roll bar pops up?

One thing ive never understood with those back 'seats' what if the roll bar pops up? wouldnt just NAIL the ppl in the back seats...and that thing shoots up FAST, i know because ive launched mine in my 1997 SL500 (it was just a close call on a tight turn) so yea, i was just wondering about that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've installed a few...

... of these seats in the back of SL's. It's been a while since I've done them, but they wire into the roll-bar system... and if I remember correctly there's a little buzzer that goes off if you fold the seats up and the roll-bar is not up. The seats are VERY small, and are only suitable for small children.<br> <br> -Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts