Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rear heated window on my merc don't work. Is this a common probelm how do i go about resolving it?

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,488 Posts
Have you checked the fuse? It is the easiest thing to check, and cheapest thing to fix.

·
Registered
2000 c230 kompressor
373 Posts
if its not the fuse , check the plug make sure its getting power, if it is then check for a crack somewhere in the lines, if u find a crack there is a repair kit for that at many car parts stores its usually under $10, good luck with that project:thumbsup:
ps
another possiblity is the switch take it apart put the two contacts toghether if it works ull know what the culprit is

·
Registered
9 Posts
similar problem, but different

That's my 1st post here. thanks for any clue.

My C200 has got a similar rear window defroster problem, but slightly different.

Problem: after pressing the defroster switch, it works only for 1-2 seconds, I can see the heating along the lines.

However, after 1-2 seconds, the defroster switch starts flashing & heating stops.

Certainly the circuit works, but why it stops & flashing. Any clue? Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
when it is flashing at your, do your turn signals or wipers in the first postion work? test that out. if they work intermittetly as well then its most likely the multipurpose relay thats going bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The defroster has not been working properly for the whole summer. Winter is coming now.

The wiper and signals are working fine so far. I will check the multi-purpose relay (#2018210247) and (#0025420119) later, but if the relays are ok, anything else it could cause the defroster flashing?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts