Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 420SEL, flirting with 200k
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has these in their cars? And how hard would it be to transplant these into a car that didn't come with them? I bought a set off of a friend(they are the same colour as mine) and was wondering.

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts
I have them in my wife's 560SEL. You may be surprised to find out your seats may already be heated seats...just not "connected". What I mean by this is that the seats themselves may already have the wiring in them, just nothing in the car to connect them to. At least this is what I have found in my experience between my various parts cars and junkyard excursions. You would need the wiring to put in the car, as well as the relays, switches, etc and connect them to the fusebox/power to get them working. If you want it to look factory, you may need to replace the door wood if the existing switch layout doesn't allow for another switch, there were some cars with only 1 rear door switch, others had 2, some had 3. My euro SEL has 2, one for power windows, the other for power seats, but no heated seats. My US 300 SEL parts car has only one switch for power windows - no heated or power seats. My US 560SEL has all 3 switches for all 3 features.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts