Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at retrofiting rear headrests into the back of my '79 230, I took a search of the forum and found out that there is some kind of kit you can use to fit them in the back.

I was wondering if there is somewhere that sells them in Australia, or somewhere online I could order them from.

Cheers!

Will

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
the rear headrest bracket, to my knowledge, is a dealer only part.

·
Premium Member
280CE 1984
175 Posts
Head Rests

Hi, I haven"t heard of a kit like this, but I have a 280CE, with headrests in the rear. I have to be honest, I am not sure how they connect into the rear seat back and what mechanism is in the seat back for them to slot into. When I have taken them off it just seems a bit of trial and error to get them back in, and then they are in. How would you get a KIT to put these into the rear seat back - surely you would need a new seat back or split the seatback apart.....and put it back together.....?? Martyn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to own an old Toyota, and the seat back simply removed.... From what I read, it was a bracket thing...

The post before says it is a dealer part, I might have to enquire there....

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
The back of the rear seat all ready has the bolt locations for the brackets. You will need to find the brackets used or new at the dealer. be careful when you buy them used. I have seen people trying to sell the front seat brackets as the rear. They will not work. You can also use 126 rear head rests with the bent posts. You will also have to cut the holes in the top of the rear seat so the post slide through. A number of us have done it and I believe its been discussed on the forum before. You should try to do a search.
Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts