Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 e320
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rear Hatch Lock Wont Lock?it Opens With The Remote But Wont Close Again?i Tried Manuelly And It Locks But It Is A Little Hard To Lock Really It Sticks A Little!!! Can Anyone Give Me Help And Links To Taking Lock Off Or Know The Problem?i Know Do A Search But With The New Look Of The Forum Alot Of Links Do Not Work?thanks

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
Most likely your actuator broke.. The actuator comes with the whole handle mechanism, and when it breaks, it can only push, so it can unlock but not lock your vehicle..

It's a cheap piece of plastic that breaks easily.. The instructions are around in the forum, I posted some, too, long time ago but don't have them handy anymore.. Be sure to read the DIY because it is very easy if you know where everything is, and it takes some good time to find out how everything disassembles..

Before I forget.. Take your old part and make sure you get the exact type for your vehicle.. On my former 2001 ML, I requested the actuator/handle mechanism, but they gave me one that was missing one wire/switch, and my alarm system for the hatch worked with a funnny logic...

Some people are begining to think that MB has raised the prices for it's OEM parts by around %30+ .. If you buy actuator mechanism can you post the price you paid at the dealer so that we have a reference price..? Thanks...

AC

·
Premium Member
2005 e320
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But Where Is Actuator Located?do I Have To Take Off Back Panel To Get To It?or Do I Have To Take Off Just The Handle?

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts