Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having an issue... the lock on the rear hatch is not working at all... if I use the automatic lowering it will slam shut and then you can hear it keep pulling it. You can then just lift it by hand so I am guessing the electronic locking mechanism is shot... but even when it is fully open I will hit the red button and it might go up or just move up and down a bit... then sometimes it will work to close the hatch.

I complained about it in warranty but they said they couldn't replicate the problem and now 2 months out of warranty this is happening...

Anyone else had this issue? I guess there was a star bulletin on the lock itself...

Also anyone know of a good place for cheap OEM parts in the states?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should ask as well whether anyone knows a good place to get the teardown cd's from? They are ridiculous through the dealers in Canada!!!

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
138 Posts

·
Registered
2019 X350d, 2017 GLE500e, 2012 ML350BT (sold), 2013 A200 Exclusive(sold), 2009 ML350CDI(sold)
250 Posts
I complained about it in warranty but they said they couldn't replicate the problem and now 2 months out of warranty this is happening...
If you complained during warranty, and they "could not replicate" at the time, then I consider this is a warranty problem that they have failed to fix. :mad:

Make a good noise and I am sure they will fix it now. Hopefully they issued a service statement that recorded the problem, but even if not I would still pursue it.

·
Registered
2006 ML 350 (my first Benz)
95 Posts
I bought a used 2006 ML 350. Shortly after I got it, it started doing the same thing..intermittenely. Sometimes it would lock, some times it wouldnt. I would try it again, and it would eventually lock. About a month ago, it went out completley. It would just cycle and cycle, but not grab and lock. I had to tear into the lock, and disconnet the power to it. I tied down the hatch, and got it to the dealer. Price for the lock itself was $355, but I had found one on line for a little over $220. I challanged them on the price and they dropped it to $270.00 I was going to do it myself, as I had the old one 90% removed, but I had a few other issues I needed done at the delaership, so I let them do it. Parts and labor were about $510.00 It took 4 days, as these locks are not readily available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts