Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body know anything about the euro rear fogs on the 123's? I pretty sure that on the sedan there is a spot for the bulb but no bulb or wiring right at the bulb. I also know of a few people who have set themselves up with rear fogs. Now, I have a TD. This appears to complicate things even further. There is only room for the three bulbs, so in theory, there should just be some wiring disconnected either at the switch or at the light. I highly doubt that they would have removed all the wiring on the US only models, but...? Anybody have any clue? Is it one side on this model or both sides that light up?
I am not just interested in having rear fogs, though that would be nice. I am also interested in rear "counter-measures". With a car that is not too fast it's nice to be able to scare off tailgaters or fake out anyone behind you into thinking you're jumping on the brakes, down shift and leave them in a cloud of black diesel smoke [}:)]!!
-M-

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Rear fog

On UK 123 series T models, the rear fog light was an added lamp hung from under the bumper.

·
Registered
85 300cd, 2000 ford excursion diesel, 1999 528 itwagon 95 roadking
371 Posts
on the 85 cd, the park lite switch has 2 detents turning past off going counterclockwize,1 will turn on 1 lite in rear opposite one in front and the next one is the opposite. the best of my knowlage it uses the same bulbs so there is not any extra its doone thru the switch on all modles.

G

·
0 Posts
For the US models the rear foglight
was replaced with a second back-up
light.

I don't know about the wiring.
When you turn the head lights on
you can pull the knob out two
clicks.
The first is for the rear foglight
the second is for the front ones.

Louis.

·
Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
945 Posts
Only the driver side rear foglights will light up. The other side will not light up. This is so that people from behind can still tell when you are braking. At least, this is the way it works on the W140 S-Class. . .

Regards,
Bryan

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry.

I should have mentioned that only the
w123 wagen had the second back up light.
On the sedans,I assume that just the
bulbs where removed.

Louis.

Edit:
As seen in this picture the rear fog
light is on the right side under
the bumper.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.