Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the US model 190e wired for rear fog light?

I pulled on the headlight switch & 1 pull activates the front fogs.

I pulled again & no rear fog came on? is there wiring that needs to be run for this?

Just seems odd that you can pull the switch out 2x..

Any info?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
is the US model 190e wired for rear fog light?

I pulled on the headlight switch & 1 pull activates the front fogs.

I pulled again & no rear fog came on? is there wiring that needs to be run for this?

Just seems odd that you can pull the switch out 2x..

Any info?

I just got a 93 190e and it has a rear foglight. U.S. The red light on the headlight switch came on when I pulled it out twice.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I was missing the connector in my 90 2.6 so i got a couple extra connectors from a JY tray then soldered the connections into the brake lights so that i had 5 brake bulbs, not 3. It was needed for my Pure Black Tails.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, will look into adding the additional brake lights as a mod.

was also thinking of finding a 16v tray that has the wiring for rear fog and using that.. need to locate a jy in the area & start the search

·
Registered
407 Posts
Alright, I'm sick of looking on the net and manual for it. Where is the bulb for this "rear fog lamp" located? I pull my knob out twice, the light on the knob lights up and nothing happens.

·
5,048 Posts
So they would have put a switch in with that option but not the correct light tray?

I guess I'm just confused.

See how there's six wires? The car's that came wired with rear fogs had seven wires. The plug that comes from the switch and connects to the bulb tray on those cars had eight connectors (one blank). My '90 has six connectors and six wires connected to the bulb tray. Notice on the tray pictured that the empty slot on the right is where the rear fog would go. That tray has no contacts. Some cars like my 16V came wired with a rear fog light but without a bulb installed. On my '90 the dash switch still has two positions and the second does nothing.

I posted these pictures last before I knew...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry to bring this damn thing up again. But I looked today in the back of the car..It IS wired to have rear fogs but heres where I have a problem. I put a new bulb in the drivers side and it worked...Well somewhere along the line of the car, someone replaced the passenger side tail lite. Well they were cheap and put in one w/o the rear fog wiring. So I now need to buy a new pass. tail lite, and rewire the passenger side w/ the 7 prong like the drivers side is now.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
come on man...Only one side has a rear fog :p

Only the drivers side.

The rear fog is ONLY in the drivers side tail. Whether it be LHD or RHD it will be on different sides of the car. ;)

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Whats the point of having two rear fogs? The red lights gonna help you reverse at night? :p

The point of the rear fog light was to let the drivers behind you know what side of the car the driver is on so they can overtake you cautiously.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts