Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300SD
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm prepping for Dynamat and it looks like the floorpan for the rear of the car may be some material on top of the actual metal floorpan? But it seems much sturdier than the other asphalt crud that's up front. I'm just not sure if I want to be tearing this stuff up to lay down the Dynamat.

·
Registered
1985 300 TD 1981 300 SD
421 Posts
It's the same stuff, the rears just don't go through the abuse that the fronts do. Below is a reference pic from my 81.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,212 Posts
I'm prepping for Dynamat and it looks like the floorpan for the rear of the car may be some material on top of the actual metal floorpan? But it seems much sturdier than the other asphalt crud that's up front. I'm just not sure if I want to be tearing this stuff up to lay down the Dynamat.
That's the original MB sound deadening. No need to disturb it. The Dynamat stuff is no improvement over the MB material.

To maximize sound insulation, add a layer of sound-blocking Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) and put the rear mats back on top.

Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) & Sound Blocking Materials for Your Car - Second Skin Audio

·
Registered
1983 300SD
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense. I've got a bunch of dynapad and mlv. I'm definitely not screwing with that stuff in back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts