Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3phase-4pole
4,881 Posts
its doesnt look that big a hit. should be an easy fix with your body shop

potential problems:
1. color shading issues 6months after the repair job (especially metallic colors)
2. water leaking into the trunk - carefully check with a running hose that the trunk is sealed including the tail lights

$0.02:
1. good chance to upgrade to the newer tail lamps; cheap solution would be to grind the corners of the trunk and have it painted

·
Registered
1993 W140 500SEL Black/Black, 12014 Ford Fiesta ST Blk/Blk
1,128 Posts
A good body shop would charge 7-9 thousand USD to fix that correctly. Totalled for sure in NY it would be.

The rear end needs to be clipped behind the bumper cover, need to pull frame and straiten.
It is designed to crumple, the whole boot area, it's kinda soft back there, that's why your rear right 1/4 panel is rippled. Take the other guys insurance for all they got, reality may be they won't/can't pay the full repair price because of the value of the car.

·
Banned
93 300se,92 300se,93 600 sel,92 500 sel,79 500slc,02 1.8t bug,01 a8,01 s80 t6,96 bmw 740il,86 rx7
822 Posts
Thats a pretty light hit, I got rear ended in my 600sel the last week in oct and they totaled my car. Got hit at 35mph to the drivers side rear by a chevy 2500 truck. Hit me hard enough to shatter the rear glass. Didnt help that the truck had a push bar:( Broke my collar bone,pulled muscles in my neck and back. Sucks! Definetly slowed me down. Im now driving my 99 civic coupe because the door is light and easy to close with my left arm. The broken collar bone makes closing a heavy door a painful job.I can only imagine what it would have been like if i got hit in my civic. The car did well, held up great. Was towed away due to a flat rear tire in the rear from the hit. When my tow driver picked it up the next day from the tow yard he put a spare on it to make it easier to move around.Now the car sits with Cosmo over the back glase to avoid interior damage.

i wouldnt have wanted to be in any other car, i have some painful injurys but i walked away. Just another reason i drive these cars as primary drivers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
Thats a pretty light hit, I got rear ended in my 600sel the last week in oct and they totaled my car. Got hit at 35mph to the drivers side rear by a chevy 2500 truck. Hit me hard enough to shatter the rear glass. Didnt help that the truck had a push bar:( Broke my collar bone,pulled muscles in my neck and back....................
Sincere commiserations. Hope everything heals up well and quickly.

Mike

·
Registered
95 Mercedes Benz S320 SWB
91 Posts
That sucks, my 95 was rear ended 2 weeks ago its at a benz body shop right now, it doesnt look no where near as bad as that as it was hit by a saturn that was already stopped that was hit by an suv at full force.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Hello Pat ! sorry to hear about your smash up! Bummer ! I hope you heal up pretty fast because the snow it is coming and shoveling is gonna be a bitch!! Take care my friend and keep warm. Now I know what my car would look like if it was rear ended ! it's my cars twin!!

Smokie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts